“When my kids were small, they were very active. They could run around all day long, skipping, climbing, chasing… They performed activities which adults both could imagine and could not! They did not care about the surroundings, even there were some bad experiences, I had to say that they handled their body perfectly! However, these abilities seem to disappear along their grown-up process. They started paying lots of time watching films, YouTube, TikTok, Facebook, or playing video games. They did not prefer outdoor activities anymore, they became slow and poor toughness”.
Above is a typical complaint that we can easily meet today. Have you ever heart or do you see yourself inside? Anyway, let’s make a short discussion about that dilemma.
There may cause by various reasons. In my opinion, the high factor is adults start telling kids to behave in a proper way when growing up. Such as kids need to play football in the stadium, need to run in the park, or they are not allowed to climb trees, high places… We all day by day forgot our basic instinct, then transfer to our kids. That’s a really bad tendency and we should act to change that. And I have to say, parkour is one of the best choices for us, for kids today and kids in the future. Why do I say that? Before coming to that article, how much do you know about parkour? I guess you knew some already, but I will summarize below to give you more insights.
Parkour is a new all-in-one sport which was developed from the exercise of the military – those always need skillful bodies. Parkour is a perfect choice for those who are passionate about discovering the capabilities of their body. That sport combines climbing, running, swinging, jumping, vaulting, rolling and even plyometrics, etc. These tasks – as I wrote above – were human being instinct. Promote kids to try parkour is effortless because once they made the first try, everything would be automatically reactivated! Kids may feel freedom, confidence, enthusiasm… because their bodies feel that! Besides, they will not feel confined due to the flexibility of space. Kids can perform anywhere: city and nature theme, small and large place, or even some special places. However, they need to be guided priory about safety, because parkour is more dangerous than what they did when was about four or five. You have to provide your kids to fulfill parkour accessories such as shoes, helmet, knee, and elbow pad… I will suggest you begin finding the right pair of shoes for your kids first. Whatever kids do, they always land on their feet. So that a pair of shoes which is fit, soft, comfortable, grip… is very important to prevent kids from unwanted accidents. Also, it takes time to choose from brand to brand and concern about the trade-off between price and quality. So let me help you with the review of the 5 best parkour shoes for kids.
|Product Image||Product Name||Rating||Price|
|">Onitsuka Tiger Unisex Ultimate||(4.5 / 5)||Check Price|
|">Feetmat Boys Parkour Shoes Waterproof Sneaker||(4.3 / 5)||Check Price|
|">ASICS Gel-venture 6 trainers||(4.6 / 5)||Check Price|
|">Nike Free 5.0 (Parkour Shoes Nike)||(4.3 / 5)||">Check Price|
|">New Balance KJ775||(4.2 / 5)||Check Price|
- Classic sneaker with Tiger lettering at heel cup featuring lightly padded collar and tongue
- Signature faux-leather overlay at quarterpanel
- Two-tone EVA midsole with flex channels at heel
Are you looking for something both fashionable and effective? So that Onitsuka Tiger Shoes for Kids is suggested for you.
The name Onitsuka reminds you of a country which is well-known for its high quality and charming design products. That’s Japan. The Onitsuka Tiger is one of the oldest shoe company in Japan which produce footwear for athletics. That company began with basketball shoe base on their improvements to the optimum movement of a basketball player on the floor. Also, there was Onitsuka’s first founder Kichachiro Onitsuka’s commitment to promoting youth health through sport and since then, the Onitsuka Tiger stripes have become a symbol for premium performance in sport.
Their products were usually designed for athletics and on that flow, they created Ultimate 81 – an extremely comfortable shoe that not only brilliant appearance but also high quality. Shoes come out with the company’s well-known stripes, a wide range of color combinations, lightweight and rubber made grippy sole. There was also applied leather and fabric material by the Japanese values of attention to detail. All together Ultimate 81 provides you an easy satisfying choice of all-in-one options.
- PU synthetic leather, waterproof upper and skin friendly lining. Strap sneakers for toddler/little kid/big kid
- TPR non-slip soles ensures kids maximum safety
- Anti-collision Toe Cap, protecting kids feet from rock or hard object when walkig
- Elastic band and hook and loop design provides convenience, easy to wear and take off
- Kids shoes for many activities: school, gym class, running, playing, hiking
The next one – Feetmat Boys Hiking is for those who prefer sneaker style with bigger form and colors.
The sole is combined between synthetic and rubber. These materials offer immense slip resistance and great shock absorption so that your kid will be protected when moving on parkour surfaces and they may feel more comfortable from their dry feet.
The upper is made from knitted durable PU material features that are sturdy and water-proof. Besides that excellent upper gives the kid’s feet a chance to “breathe”, prevent making smell even sweating. Your kids will be more confident when playing outside without worry about sweat sock because of rain or puddles. If your place usually has rain and wet weather, Feetmat Boys Hiking Shoes will be your choice. As its name, it’s not only for parkour but also for hiking or even walking.
Finally is its definitely reasonable price for multi-purpose shoes. About a maximum of 35 USD, you have a nice gift ever for your beloved kids! That makes me put that shoe on ranking number 2!
- Rear foot GEL Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Removable Sockliner: A sockliner which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
- Removable Sockliner: A sockliner which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
- Trail Specific Outsole: Reversed lugs provide uphill and downhill traction on all types of terrain.
- AHAR Outsole: Acronym for ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.
Asics gel-venture shoes are the best choice if you would like to train in hostile environments like the sloppy ground of rough surfaces. These shoes appear with a wide range of prices, strong appearance design, colorful, and some user care details. For example:
– Its lightweight of 11.2oz lets the owner more flexible when moving, jumping, and running.
– Its removable sock liner provides the adjustable and custom ability to the owner, they can change insole to any medical orthotics if needed.
– Rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system help with the shockproof ability for smooth travel. Your kids can stay outside longer without tired on their feet.
- Breathability. Soft, lightweight material has a more open knit stitch on the top of the foot for more breathability, helping your feet stay cool. It's thinner and closer to your foot than previous versions. Yet, still provides a secure and substantial feel for wear all day, all year, almost anywhere.
- Natural Movement. The Nike Free sole provides the feel of a minimalist running shoe. It moves with you, mimicking the movement of your foot by expanding and contracting with every landing and push-off, for a natural feel.
- Ultra-light Support. Strong yet feather-light Flywire cables work with the laces to provide more support as you tighten them. A set of cables has been removed from the top lace to allow for a smoother, less distracting feel when you bend at the forefoot.
- Rounded heel is made to roll with the ground as you stride.
- Foam outsole with rubber the toe and heel for durability.
Nike is a want-to-have shoe brand all over the world because of its high-quality products. Nike shoes cover from youth to adult, from elder to younger. As I see, Nike seems never to make its customer upset. Let’s check with me:
– The best factor – sturdiness makes Nike brand. As you know, parkour is a combined sport. Kids will move from place to place, on any kind of surface. Besides they may do some strong movement without caring about their footwear. So sturdiness should be a concern when searching for a good pair of shoes for kids.
– Excellent materials let feet breathe during the journey, no sweat at all.
– Simple but natural and charming design, available in different colors.
– Usually available for all foot size, at the right size so perfect fit.
– Lightweight, air-breath upper.
But there was no waterproof capability, that’s why I put it at 4 in line.
- Ground contact ethylene vinyl acetate midsole
- Non-marking outsole
New Balance KJ775 is another recommended parkour shoe for youths coming with a 100% gum elastic sole. As its name Balance – that shoes were investigated lots of effort on research and development to make its mission come true: balance for athletics! No matter what athletics do, no matter what topographic they move on, they can feel balanced as moving on a flat and stable surface. So if your kids own one, they can be protected best!
The minus of that shoe is, its sturdiness is not so good. However, kids grow up fast and about 8 months to a year is a reasonable life cycle for a well functioning and cheap pair of shoes.